Punchdrunk/Media Lab update
Here’s our first monthly update. The Punchdrunk team went out to visit our New York production Sleep No More at Halloween. Needless to say this was much fun, the production hosted 4 nights of Halloween themed parties (dress; red, black, white and of course All Hallows Eve scary). It was brilliant to see the space come to life as a party venue and also excellent to wander around and begin imagining how the R&D project will work across the space.
Following this we took a bus ride to Boston and spent a day planning with our partners at the Media Lab. Our contact Tod Machover arranged an inspiring day, brainstorming the project with his immediate team and also visiting other areas of research that could feed into the project. We had lunch with some prospective technology partners, again imagining what the project could be. Needless to say there is no end of willing and talented collaborators. These meetings left us incredibly exhilarated if not a little brain dead (in a good way), we’re now in the mdist of developing the narrative and journey of the project. From this everything else will follow.
Half of our research team is currently completing a trip to NYC and Media Lab and the other half will complete an initial trip in early January. We’re excited about how these findings might feed into the project.
Digital R&D Fund Themes
- That's it!! Our twitter is officially closed, but you can still follow us @ace_national, @nesta_uk and @ahrcpress for #artsdigital chat! 2 months ago
- Our #toolkit for #digital projects is still available here buff.ly/2kN7Q2T #artsdigital https://t.co/NkOq3SaO7m 2 months ago
- RT @Creative_Fed: Creatives, learn to protect your IP in Manchester on Thursday: creativeindustriesfederation.com/events/creativ… #FedIP @AllianceIP https://t.co/aC… 2 months ago
- RT @ace_national: Our crowdfunding pilot is now open to small organisations and individuals. See if your project could be eligible: https:/… 2 months ago
- RT @leesmatthews: Diary marker: #artsdigital showcase from @nesta_uk & @Arts_Wales_ in March. Register here: arts.wales/105592?utm_sou… 2 months ago